If you haven’t already, we would be eternally grateful if you could subscribe to the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher and leave a (preferably 5-star) review. This might help us appear in the “New & Noteworthy” section and will introduce many new people to the 2015 Savings Challenge community. To subscribe and leave us a review, just follow the links below:
Why Choose Passive Investing?- Resources highlighted in the episode
Today, we look at why we support passive investing compared to active investing in the stock markets.
- Quote of the Week
- “Active management is a zero-sum game before cost, and the winners have to win at the expense of the losers.” – Eugene Fama
- What is passive investing?
- Passive – buy and hold long term market tracking index funds or ETFs
- Active – try to buy low and sell high (either the market or individual shares)
- Trying to time the market
- Active investing and fees
- Inspirational Article Of The Week
Don’t forget to pick up the free 10-point checklist showing you all the things you should make sure you are doing before investing in property:
In this episode, we refer to a number of external resources, all of which are linked below:
If you have any questions or opinions on this episode, please leave a comment below. I respond to all comments and it would be great to hear from you!